Autodesk Alias is a family of CAID (Computer-aided industrial design) software mainly used for the generation of ClassA surfaces, by Bézier surface and NURBS modelling technique, in the automotive design and industrial design. The product is marketed specifically as CAID rather than as CAD and its instruments and skills are more design-oriented – that is, the housing and exterior appearance of the product.
- Fast, recurrent, curved modeling tools enable you to edit and sculpt 3D modeling directly.
- Go through a workflow of the quick model, from the design to the final model of the concept.
- Handle your product model quickly and explore 3D form changes without geometry reconstruction.
- To conceptualize models, use push-and-pull methods without developing surfaces in splines.
- Cut, split, and add your design details, without changing the sculptured form.
You can buy this product online or through a reseller. Alias provides different types of plans that start at $325.00/month.